Monday, October 15, 2012

I'm going to be a Dad

At 9:00pm last night we went In to the hospital to see if Denae needed any preparations to be induced the next morning. The nurse told us we could leave because she would be ready to go. While the nurse was gone for a short time after, Denae had a few contractions, which I thought were normal. 

But then, when the nurse came in, she told us to plan on staying because Denae had started labor. 10 to 1am was kind of rough, but once the epidural was in she was able to relax and feel a lot better. She's even laughed some, Im sure not because of the medicine, but because of my cheesy humor. 

Though it hasn't been blissful for Denae, she's enjoyed the ice-chips and the hospitality of her nurse, Amber. I should note that Denae has two windows open, and a fan going... It's the 15th of October and its 42 degrees outside.

I'm really excited to have a son. It doesn't seem quite real yet, but I can't wait to meet him. After much talk with others more experienced than myself, I've realized that he might not be cute for the first few moments of his life. He might even kind of look like an alien, but that's okay, because he's my son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment