Sunday, September 23, 2012

Oh, Life...

I am getting more anxious and excited to meet our little guy every day.  On Thursday, I went in for my regular check-up and my doctor decided to put me on bed rest until Monday to do some official testing for toxemia.  So fun!  The idea was kind of exciting for about an hour.  I have had a hard time getting up in the mornings for school because I am tired and sore, and do EVERYTHING slowly these days.  Being on my feet at school has been hard because my ankles had moved from cankles to thankles (as wide as my thighs rather than my calves) and no shoes that I could find would fit me...I thought about giving Shaq...or the circus a call.  Maybe I still will.  ;) So with those issues to deal with, bed rest sounded pretty sweet.  Unfortunately, there are always other issues in life that make things worth the pain.  For example, writing lesson plans is WAY more work than just going to school and doing things myself.  I HATE writing lesson plans!  Besides that, my class has been SO good this year, that I think they were really helping me to stay focused and happy.  They were so responsive and helpful that I never really thought about how uncomfortable I was at school.  I loved just being there and teaching.

Anyway, Thursday, he did a few tests on me and injected me with steroids to help Hyram's lungs develop more quickly and sent me home with a huge jug to collect...liquid specimens in...that was a fun 24 hour adventure.  Friday I went back to turn in my jug and get another shot (which HURT! by the way).  Monday I go in for another non-stress test on the baby, another ultrasound and the verdict on the remainder of my pregnancy.  Hopefully my blood-pressure has gone down and I don't have to stay in bed for another month. I will be good, I promise!  I will stay off my feet often!  But, whatever is best for this little guy is what we will do.  Crossing my fingers.

I am just really excited to meet him and have him join our family.  David is doing really well trying to keep up with everything.  I don't really know how he is doing it.  He teaches seminary most of the day, then teaches piano lessons all afternoon.  He tries his best to go to school and practice the piano to get ready for his senior recital (which is on October 13th at 6:00 pm if you want to come!) and takes his own piano lessons on Thursdays.  On top of that, he has three online classes: accounting, economics, and statistics.  I didn't think I would see standard deviation or opportunity cost again...but here we are. :)  In addition, he is arranging various ensembles to perform his compositions at his recital and directing their rehearsals.  He is also Elder's Quorum President and is always worried about someone, or arranging people to help move, or trying to fix a home-teaching assignment, or attending another meeting.   Probably most stressful of all, he has this little wife of his to take care of..."Honey, I'm really thirsty, can you get me a drink?"  or "DAVID, SPIDER!" or "I can't reach my feet, will you put my socks on?" or "Would you mind making dinner...again?" Throughout all of it, he is such a champ.  He just keeps working and smiling and he is even getting A's in his classes!  What a stud. :)

Lately, I've been imagining what it will be like to have a baby here.  It still is such a strange idea to me.  Even though I can feel him and know that he is growing and on his way, it is still so weird.  It still just seems like I have been growing a tumor or an alien, not a real human that will look something like me.  It does become more real to me however when I think of what he might look like or what he will be able to teach us.  It is fun to think about what songs I will sing to him and the books we will read.  I think about the walks we will go on and the adventures we will have.  It's hard to imagine, but I am looking forward to it all.

This is one of the songs that I love to think about when I daydream of him:
It will be fun to have a little boy.

In other fun news, this weekend, my super cute visiting teachers, Karlee and Marianne threw me an adorable baby shower.  I am so grateful for friends like them!  Karlee took most of the pictures, so I will have to post those later.  But, look at how great my friends are!




I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people around me all the time! :)  Oh, and here is an update on our little nursery.  I am getting so excited!


1 comment:

  1. How long do you have to write lesson plans for? Do you have to do it the whole time that you are gone? Here in Cali, it's two weeks and then the long term sub takes over. (If the teacher so desires.) :-)

    ReplyDelete