Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Hero

Summer Camp starts tomorrow! We are excited to see all of the work that we have been doing put to action! The kids come tomorrow and we start actually teaching and training. David has done such a good job preparing his class! It's too bad that being a school teacher in the US wouldn't really cut it financially for the size of family we want to have. He is impressing me everyday with the way he maps out his curriculum and finds creative ways to tie in the weekly themes. I knew I married a creative genius, but I didn't know to what extent. He wrote a cute camp song this week to teach the kids, too. I am excited to see how it goes.

I taught another workshop this week and attended a lot of others. I am really excited to put everything into practice, here and in my 5th grade classroom in the fall. I am especially animated about some new games and drama activities that I have learned about!

David continues to be my hero, killing bugs, providing frequent doses of pineapple and saving me from myself. I am learning to cope with my perfectionism here. I let other teachers hang up the poster I painted for our reading class. Who knew what a strong opinion I had about the right way to tape things to the wall! I sure have a long way to go. David on the other hand has never been so handsome or so much fun! I love the adventures we are having together. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment