Friday, August 3, 2012

Love Child

Well, hello, blogging world!  It's been awhile!  The first part of the year was spent crazy busy and crazy sick because we are expecting our first little Love child! :)  After I started feeling better, I tried to get caught up on everything I had been neglecting for months while becoming very proficient at couch lounging and giving David lots of chances to serve me.  I'm not going to pretend for one minute that being pregnant is fun or that I have enjoyed it...at all.  BUT...we are so excited for our little dude to make his debut in October or November!  After that...we'll probably just adopt the rest. ;)

Here's a little background on our soon-to-be man cub.  One day in February, I was at school giving my kids a reading test in the computer lab.  I was walking around writing their scores as they finished each portion of the test, when my back started hurting so much that I thought I was going to fall over.  I sat down and told the kids I would get the rest of their scores from the computer later.  It was at that moment that I just knew for some reason.  After school, I stopped at Walmart and picked up a pregnancy test and rushed home to take it.  There was no waiting...bright blue, no question lines appeared automatically!  Our little man was on his way.  I was much more calm than I thought I would be, but really excited to tell David.  Luckily, he had a concert that night in Pocatello with the choir he was in at the time, so I had time to make plans.

I didn't want it to be super obvious at first, so I chose a theme that kind of random.  I hoped he would just think I was inviting him on a date for fun.  So...I bought a ton of stuff for a night at the movies.

This is what he saw when he got home.





Then, as he started digging through the basket, he found all of these goodies...















This is one of my favorites...He figured it out!

And then realized that is scared him... :)




Welcome the the world, our little Love child!

1 comment:

  1. I Can appreciate your excitement and joy as a mother of two myself, however, I wonder if you realize what the term "love child" actually means? Dr Phil will be doing a show on it, Discovery Channel is running a 1 hr episode on it...Marie and Arnold, John Edwards. Www.alovechild.com. I am not criticizing you at all, just making you aware it is a label you many not want your child to have. best, Ellen

    ReplyDelete